Korean Cooking Class Singapore
“In Korean cooking, it’s all about 손맛 – the Taste of hand”
“Hand Taste cannot be faked, it is the reason we go to all this trouble, massaging the individual leaves of each cabbage and then folding them and packing them in the urn just so.”
The most widely used term in Korean Cooking is 손맛, “son-mat”, which literally means “hand-taste”. Hand Taste is opposed to Tongue Taste, which is the simple chemical reaction between molecules and the taste buds that any food manufacturer can replicate in order to make food appealing.
Hand Taste however, involves something greater than mere flavour. It is the infinitely more complex experience of a food that bears the unmistakable signature of the individual who made it. Whether it’s a stay-at-home mom or a renowned chef, a good cook in Korea is praised for the taste of their hands!
Why Learn Korean Cooking?
Full of vegetables and leaves, the korean diet is clean and low in calories. Meats are also lean and low in saturated fats.
Korean cuisine is rich and full of flavour, a well-planned traditional Korean meal aims to include sweet, sour, bitter, hot and salty tastes,
Encounter the true Korean “son-mat” cooking experience that cannot be achieved through cookbooks and videos.
Get ready to make create some mouthwatering dishes!
If you’re here to learn the secrets to creating authentic Korean food, then you are at the right place!
Lessons For Any Occasion!
- Thorough breakdown of each dish on the menu
- Greater student-teacher interaction
- Sharing of personal cooking stories
- Printed lesson notes provided (step-by-step pictures)
- Suitable for beginners
- Real world application
- Practical situations; Cooking no longer theoretical
- Show you what you really know or don’t know
- Food tasting of coursemates’ and instructor’s dishes
- Smaller class size
- Suitable for intermediate and advanced homecooks
- Fun and high-energy activities to enjoy as a group
- Work together to prepare multi-course gourmet meal
- Large venue fully equipped to handle large groups
- Unearth hidden passions and talents
- Accessible to all cooks with varying skill-
Here’s what our clients have to say about us:
Really great class! I attended it to learn how to make some delicious protein to supplement my diet, and I’m happy to say that this class was the right choice for me!Lee Ming Han
I had a lot of fun taking the korean cooking class! Seafood pancake and Soft tofu stew are two of my favourite Korean dishes! The chef was very friendly and clear with her instructions, even explaining the reason for each ingredient. I would love to take another class and learn how to cook more delicious Korean food!Hazel Quek
My family signed up for a private session for Korean cooking and we loved it! Our instructor was a talented chef and gracious host. I really appreciated the attention she paid to the kids, thank you and I hope to have another lesson with you again!Yi Ting