Thai Cooking Class Singapore
Thai cuisines are largely influenced by Indian spices and flavours, evident with its famous green, red and yellow curries. However, distinct differences between the two make it nearly impossible to confuse an Indian curry with Thai curry. Thai curry incorporates less Indian spices and more local herbs, such as Thai holy basil, lemongrass and galangai. This creates Thai curry that is generally acknowledge to burn intensely, but only briefly, whereas other curries with stronger spices may burn for longer, but with less overpowering spiciness.
The ideal Thai meal is a harmonious blend of the spicy, the subtle and the sweet and sour, and meant to be equally satisfying to the eyes, the nose and the palate. Unlike Western meals, which prioritise putting things together that taste similar, Thai meals tend to combine bright and disparate flavours all into one dish.
However, just because the dishes look complex doesn’t mean that they are complicated to prepare. At Chef Tales, we break down the process into smaller components, each simple by itself, and teach you how to go about combining different exotic tastes into a few easy-to-make authentic Thai dishes.
Lessons For Any Occasion!
- Thorough, detailed breakdown of each dish on the menu
- Greater student-teacher interaction
- Sharing of personal cooking stories
- Printed lesson notes provided (step-by-step pictures)
- Suitable for beginners
- Real world application
- Practical situations; Cooking no longer theoretical
- Show you what you really know or don’t know
- Food tasting of coursemates’ and instructor’s dishes
- Smaller class size
- Suitable for intermediate and advanced homecooks
- Fun and high-energy activities to enjoy as a group
- Work together to prepare multi-course gourmet meal
- Large venue fully equipped to handle large groups
- Unearth hidden passions and talents
- Accessible to all cooks with varying skill-sets
Here’s what our students have to say about us:
If you enjoy Thai food, you have to give this lesson a try! You can be a novice chef and have no exposure to Thai cuisine at all, but will walk away from the class having learnt so much more. The cooking class was fun, interactive and engaging, and made me realise just how much fun cooking can be.Isabel Simmons
I had a fabulous time in this class and learnt so much about preparing Thai cuisine. It was amazing how the most random ingredients were combined to creates such wonderfully fragrant and flavourful food. I was given a detailed guidance through all 3 dishes, and managed to make them from scratch. The best part was when I got to eat everything I cooked at the end of the lesson!Nor Aini
My husband and I had an amazing time here. The instructor was such an unbelievably great, patient and accommodating teacher. She made Thai food approachable and healthy in a relaxed and fun environment. The food was fantastic and she used organic and healthy ingredients to prepare those dishes.Wong Zhi Qian